Update: 10 July 2020 – there is currently no change to the policy of free parking for staff who have applied via the access office and we will give staff sufficient notice if this changes.
If you experience any issues please contact the access office on x596060.
Our parking providers are offering all CUH staff free car parking. The access systems have been updated by our contractor to this effect.
Staff who currently have access to park should continue to park as normal using their CUH ID cards or ANPR as appropriate.
If you don’t usually park on-site, please complete an ID application form for parking approval; this process can be found on Connect, or the form can be downloaded from the bottom of this page.
Staff should not take a ticket as these are held for patient and visitors and you may be charged. Please use your badge to gain entry to the car park.
Resident parking permits will be extended to cover the period.
Staff should continue to park in their allocated car parks, new staff will be advised once access is updated. Staff may be requested to park in alternate locations on campus pending understanding of capacity and demand.
From Monday 01 June, the car park barriers in car parks 1 and 2 will be re-instated.
Staff car parking will continue to be offered to all CUH staff free of charge. The access system has already been updated to allow this, enabling free car parking to continue. Further information for staff is detailed below:
Effective on the same day is the re-instatement of parking charges for patients and visitors during daytime hours, 06:00 to 22:00, with car parking barriers in operation again in car parks 1 and 2.
• Staff who currently have a car parking account will automatically have access to park on site using their CUH ID cards or ANPR (as appropriate) to gain access to the car parks.
• If you do not usually park on-site and do not have a car parking account, please complete an ID application form for parking approval; this process can be found here. It will be possible to access car parks 1 and 2 on Monday morning by taking a ticket at the entrance. You will need to ensure that you arrange to get a car parking account created during the day to facilitate exit, or press the buzzer as you leave to explain you are waiting for your access to change and you will be able to exit. No manager’s signature is required in this temporary situation.
• Resident parking permits will be automatically extended to cover the period of the free parking offer.
• Staff should continue to park in their allocated car parks and new staff, or those applying for a car parking account, will be advised at the point of application of the location of their allocated car park.
• Car parking capacities will be monitored to ensure availability. Staff may be requested to park in alternate locations on campus pending demand.
Parking arrangements for staff will continue to be reviewed, monitored and updated on a regular basis in line with national guidance and the availability of public transport provision. Further information will be issued as received.