All areas must complete a local Covid-19 secure environment – health and safety risk assessment to comply with health and safety legal requirements and government Covid-19 secure guidelines and ensure that the risks from Covid-19 are reduced to as low as reasonably practicable. The risk assessment will help you identify the actions that need to be taken.
Instructions on how to complete the local risk assessment are provided on the document itself
Once completed, the risk assessment must be sent to Covid.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should any items need to be purchased to meet the requirements these can be sourced as per below:
|Item||Who to contact|
|Wipes||Order via procurement|
|Hand sanitiser||Please call 348121, Medirest help desk|
|Floor tape||Place call on 216696, facilities help desk|
|Signage||Place call on 216696, facilities help desk|
|Plastic screens for desks||Please see the Desk screen order process with details on how to order desk screens from our supplier, Northgate|
What is a ‘Covid-19 secure workplace’?
Only non-clinical workplaces can declare themselves as ‘Covid-19 secure’.
A non-clinical workplace can be declared as ‘Covid-19 secure’ where it has met all of the following conditions:
- a local covid-19 secure risk assessment has been carried out and the results shared with staff
- there are cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in place in line with guidance
- all reasonable steps have been taken to help staff work safely from a Covid-19 secure workplace or work from home
- all reasonable steps have been taken to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace
- where 2m is not viable, at least a 1m distance is in place and all possible mitigation actions have been taken to manage transmission risk
If on completing the local risk assessment it confirms that your area is Covid-19 secure you will be able to display a poster so that others entering the area are aware. Please e-mail email@example.com for more details about this.
Non-clinical workplaces that are unable to meet these five main conditions cannot declare themselves as Covid-19 secure.
Clinical areas that meet these five main conditions can be declared as Covid-19 managed. A clinical area is any space where clinical interaction with patients takes place, including any support accommodation associated with it (such as offices, staff rooms, stores).