If you have symptoms
If you develop symptoms of Covid-19, however mild, you should self-isolate at home. Notify your line manager and contact OH to arrange a test. If you develop symptoms whilst at work you should notify your manager, go home, self-isolate and contact OH.

In addition to the main publicised symptoms of a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia) you should request a test if you have other symptoms suggestive of a viral illness such as muscle/joint aches or a sore throat.

If a household contact has symptoms
If you are in a household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms, you will need to stay at home for 14 days. You should inform your line manager and also contact OH to arrange a test for the member of your household who has symptoms.

If you subsequently develop symptoms of Covid-19 you should contact OH to arrange a test and continue self-isolating. Where it is possible to work from home in self-isolation, you should do so in communication with/ agreement with your line manager. This absence should be recorded on Healthroster using group ‘Other Leave’ and reason ‘Self Iso – Special Leave: Medical Self Isolation.’

The Trust wishes to support staff who have been required to self-isolate, therefore will pay staff for the required period, which will usually be 7 days or 14 days.

Substantive staff will be paid for their usual pattern and bank staff will be paid based on a reference period of a 12-week average.
There may be instances of staff having to self-isolate more than once, in line with the changing government advice.

If you have received a positive test result
If you have received a positive test result from OH then you must follow their advice and isolate for the period of time advised. You will also be asked about contacts you have had with other staff in the workplace, in case they need to self-isolate.

If you have received a positive test result from a regional or national test centre (or home test) please notify OH without delay and ensure they are informed. You should follow the advice given and isolate as instructed.

In both situations you must also notify your manager of your absence.

If you have received a negative test result but been advised by OH to still self-isolate
The swab tests do not always show a positive result when someone has Covid-19 (false negatives). In view of this OH provide advice on the basis of the symptoms you have had as well as the swab result. You must follow this advice and self-isolate as instructed. You must also notify your manager of your absence.

If you have been contacted by NHS England Test and Trace or OH
If you are contacted by the national NHS Test and Trace team you must follow the advice given and notify your line manager and OH without delay.

You will be contacted by OH if you have been identified as a close contact at work with a colleague who has tested positive. You must follow the advice given and notify your manager.

If at any stage you subsequently develop symptoms you must follow the above advice.

If your child (as their parent or guardian) is advised to self-isolate either via the test and trace service or via their education setting, you must follow the latest national guidance provided. If your child remains asymptomatic you do not need to self-isolate but you must if they, you or anyone in the household become symptomatic at any stage. In addition please contact OH as soon as symptoms begin.

Shielding and recording on Health Roster
12 week shielding for those in high risk groups should be recorded as self isolation on Healthroster/MAPS using the group ‘Other Leave’ and reason ‘Self Iso – Special Leave: Medical Self Isolation.’ Please note that when recording an absence of this length, a warning/error message will come up. This can be ignored and you will be able to record the 12 weeks absence.

If you live with someone whose underlying health condition has placed them in the ‘red’ risk category and they have been advised to ‘shield’ please see workforce FAQs here.

For information on recording sickness absence and isolation please click here.