Annual leave – sell back scheme is now closed.

As ever, the Trust strongly encourages all staff to plan, book and take their full annual leave entitlement by the end of each annual leave year (31 March).

Given the length of the continuing Covid-19 pandemic period, the proactive scheduling and taking of annual leave has never been as important as it is now. Taking time out away from the work environment is a vital component of a personal health and wellbeing strategy – not only to enable recovery from physical, mental and emotional fatigue, but also to enhance resilience and minimise the real potential for burn out.

We do know however, that there are staff who would prefer not to take all of their contractual annual leave this year and in these ongoing, exceptional circumstances, we will again be offering staff the option to sell back to the Trust up to five working days (pro rata) of accrued annual leave in this (2021/22) leave year. This is an exceptional process and will be for a time limited period.

A window to apply to sell annual leave begins Thursday 29 July and will close on Friday 27 August 2021. There are no plans to re-open the annual leave sell back scheme later this year. Applications received after 27 August will not be considered. Payment will be made in the September 2021 pay run.

Please direct any queries to your divisional head of workforce or, for medical and dental staff, medical staffing.

There are a number of conditions that will need to be met for the applications to be agreed:

  • The individual has been employed by CUH for more than 26 weeks
  • This request will not reduce the individual’s annual leave below 28 statutory days (including bank holidays)
  • The excel sheet and the word document must be fully completed and must be submitted to (or Medical Staffing) by Friday 27 August 2021
  • For non-medical staff, the central e-rostering team will amend the employee’s annual leave record regarding the number of hours to be sold once the application process is completed. Any queries should be to your Divisional Head of Workforce or, for medical staff, Medical staffing.

Application forms are available from this page.